The Plumbing & Pipe Trades Department within the School of Trades & Technology seeks applications from qualified candidates for a full-time continuing Instructor for our Refrigeration and Air Conditioning programs. This department operates at the Interurban campus in the John Drysdale building in two shops that are over 12,000 square feet (1115 square metres) in size. The program blends in-class theory with hands-on practical skills training to prepare graduates for entry level employment and apprenticeships. Our teaching staff are experienced, inspiring and supportive of our students’ individual journeys.
The following is required for successful employment at Camosun College:
• A demonstrated commitment to the scholarship of teaching and learning
• Active participation in our learner centered environment while promoting excellence in program discipline
• Ability to plan, organize and evaluate teaching approaches and outcomes to maximize student learning
• Commitment to current and trending philosophies, practices and advancements
• Adherence to, and compliance with teaching related policies, procedures and protocols
• A consistent demonstration of excellence and respect in verbal and written communications
• An ability to contribute to and cultivate collegial and collaborative work relationships
• Comfort and familiarity with educational technology and MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel
• Capable of thriving in a BC post-secondary education setting that’s welcoming and relevant to Indigenous learners and helping to prepare non-Indigenous students, graduates and employees to better understand, live alongside of, and work with Indigenous peoples.
• A commitment to sustainable practices within our environment and society
For more information and to apply please visit, camosun.peopleadmin.ca/postings/4786.