Camosun College is currently recruiting for 2 full-time term Recruitment and Admissions Advisors positions; please visit our careers website to apply for the posting in which you are interested in:
Using a student-centered focus, the Admissions Advisor provides advice, guidance, and information to students, prospective students, and other key stakeholders to enable students to pursue their educational and career goals. As the primary recruitment representative, the advisor visits and liaises with high school groups, students, and other audiences, providing information in large/small classroom settings, career fairs or individual appointments. The Admissions Advisor engages in proactive, collaborative, data-driven strategies and activities which support the College’s recruitment and retention goals. This position will require the incumbent to work and travel between both campuses, various off campus locations, and out-of- town. Weekend and evening work may also be required.
Leadership and Teamwork
– Works collaboratively with others through organizational change and development;
– Takes initiative to identify operational or departmental challenges and opportunities, and make recommendations for improvement;
– Demonstrates a team-based orientation and contributes to team-based decisions;
– Provides guidance and instruction to others as it pertains to departmental functions, processes, and policies;
– Develops and maintains relationships with key departments, external communities, and organizations, building a network to keep up-to-date on changes relating to programs and to appropriately refer students.
– Demonstrates an understanding of customer service theory and principles;
– Understands, practices, and meets customer service standards and expectations;
– Responds to customer feedback in a sensitive and timely fashion; uses problem-solving techniques to resolve sensitive issues;
– Consults for matters requiring next level of intervention and/or makes appropriate referrals to the internal college community, external partners, and agencies;
– Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all admission and academic requirements, policies, procedures/practices, as well as college programs and other offerings, including related systems used by Student Services;
– Advises prospective students and others on admissions process, requirements and deadlines, and programs; provides interpretation and clarifies relevant policies and procedures;
– Processes and evaluates applications to determine admissibility in accordance with established guidelines and policies; reviews and verifies credentials of applicants; evaluates and interprets a range of domestic/foreign documents and other related items;
– Assesses academic backgrounds, communicates with and advises applicants regarding the status of their application, the admission requirements or course prerequisites for the applicable program;
– Collects and organizes related data during the recruitment and admissions process;
– Works with the Manager of Prospective Student Services in the development and delivery of recruitment strategies;
– Conducts tours and group presentations and acts as a representative of the college, both on- and off-campus, working with prospective students, parents, other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process;
– Assists in the planning and implementation, including provision, set-up and dismantling of displays etc., of on- and off-campus events and programs;
– Assists with publications, website and social media efforts, and distributes applicable publications and communications appropriately;
– Contacts and maintains effective working relationships with external individuals and organizations, as necessary, to promote Camosun College as the institution of choice;
– Produces student documents and duplicate documents when requested and as appropriate;
– Maintains the integrity, security, accuracy, and consistency of student records;
– Verifies and reviews individual student financial accounts and electronic payment transactions for accuracy; processes and reconciles student payments;
– Fosters strong communication links with department chairs and other school personnel to provide guidance on recruitment and admissions initiatives, address problems, and enhance service to students;
– Operates a call centre phone system, and updates a phone tree, as necessary;
– Manages and responds to public-facing email and electronic forms of correspondence;
– Participates in research in order to recommend new and innovative business processes and procedures to improve student education/care, best practices, and efficiency;
– Maintains and updates departmental procedures manual as required; provides input into the development of annual timelines;
– Under the direction of senior staff, performs system testing;
– Participates in the college’s graduation ceremony preparation and other graduation activities, as required;
– Assists with or delivers training to other college or department personnel;
– Serves on college committees as appropriate and works on projects, as assigned;
– Performs general departmental duties such as telephone/counter service, data entry, ordering/stocking supplies, filing, collecting and distributing mail;
Performs duties similar in scope and complexity, as assigned.
A two year post-secondary diploma and four years’ of related experience in a Student Services or Registrar’s Office which includes one year of experience in a recruiting and advising capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Demonstrated customer service skills including understanding the needs of traditional and non-traditional learners and working in an environment that values and nurtures diversity;
– Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment;
– Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills to multi-task, meet deadlines, and be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment;
– Demonstrated communications and public speaking skills;
– Experience using an integrated student information database system;
– Proficient computer/technical skills, using all aspects of MS Office suite;
– Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
– Must possess a valid driver’s license
The core capabilities are required for all positions at the college.
Focus on Students and Their Success (Core)
– We all have a role to play in promoting and supporting students – directly or indirectly – contributing to their success, education and transition as they build their path to the future.
Cultural Alignment (Core)
– Inclusion and respect align with Camosun’s traditions of lifelong learning and positive, supportive experiences for all. We examine our individual and institutional cultures and, through indigenization, consider other ways of knowing (thinking), being (approaches), doing (acting), and relating.
Fostering and Nurturing Relationships (Core)
– Fostering and nurturing relationships is at the core of everything we do. Successful workplace relationships take time to develop and include building trust, engagement and collaboration.