The Faculty of Education at Queen’s University invites applications for three tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor. Starting date is July 1st, 2016, or earlier by mutual agreement.
Position 1 — PROGRAM EVALUATION AND EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT
The successful candidate will demonstrate an established or planned program of research in program evaluation. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate expertise in topics and methods associated with program evaluation and educational assessment.
Position 2 — LANGUAGE AND LITERACY
The successful candidate will demonstrate an established or planned program of research in language and literacy. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate expertise in early language development and primary/junior literacy.
Position 3 — INCLUSIVE EDUCATION AND STUDENT SUCCESS
The successful candidate will demonstrate an established or planned program of research in a specific area within inclusive education. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with at-risk youth and exceptional student populations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• a doctoral degree in Education or a related field completed at the start date of the appointment
• knowledge of teacher education
• familiarity with the context of schooling and schooling systems in Canada
• evidence of an established or planned program of research
• evidence of high quality scholarly output that demonstrates independent research leading to peer assessed publications
• demonstrated ability for outstanding teaching contributions at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and an ongoing commitment to academic and pedagogical excellence in support of the Faculty’s programs
Key elements of the positions include the following:
• teaching in both the undergraduate and graduate programs
• supervising graduate students
• the securing of external research funding
• working in an interdisciplinary environment and collaborating with colleagues on research initiatives, program development and implementation
• engaging with local, national, and international professional and other communities
• making substantive contributions through service to the Faculty, the University, and/or to the broader community
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen’s is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada will be given priority.
To comply with Federal laws, the University is obliged to gather statistical information about how many applicants for each job vacancy are Canadian citizens / permanent residents of Canada. Applicants need not identify their country of origin or citizenship, however, all applications must include one of the following statements: “I am a Canadian citizen / permanent resident of Canada”; OR, “I am not a Canadian citizen / permanent resident of Canada”. Applications that do not include this information will be deemed incomplete.
A complete application consists of:
• a cover letter (including one of the two statements regarding Canadian citizenship/permanent resident status specified in the previous paragraph)
• a current Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications)
• a statement of current and prospective research interests
• a statement of teaching philosophy, interests, and experience (including course outlines and evaluations if available);
• one sample of recent scholarly work;
• the names and addresses (including email addresses) of at least three persons to act as referees.
These materials must be received by the Office of the Dean on or before October 9, 2015. Applications should be sent via email in PDF format and addressed to:
Dr. Rebecca Luce-Kapler
Queen’s University, Faculty of Education
c/o [email protected]
For additional information about our Faculty and programs, please visit us at http://educ.queensu.ca.
The University will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during this process, please contact: Erin Wicklam at [email protected] or at 613-533-6000 ext. 75791.
Academic staff at Queen’s University are governed by a Collective Agreement (2015-2019) between the Queen’s University Faculty Association (QUFA) and the University which is available online at: http://queensu.ca/facultyrelations/faculty-librarians-and-archivists/collective-agreement.